Call For Scores
Second Annual New Gallery Concert Series Composition Competition
Deadline: April 7, 2017 Entry fee: $25
New Gallery Concert Series is now accepting score submissions for its second annual Composition Competition. The winning piece will be performed during the 2017-2018 season and the winning composer will receive a recording of the performance. Composers will be notified on May 30, 2017. Composers will be responsible for supplying parts and score for performance. While we encourage the winning composer to attend the performance, we cannot provide for travel expenses.
Founded by Artistic Director Sarah Bob in the fall of 2000, New Gallery Concert Series presents new pieces of music and visual art, along with the composers and artists who create them. In its seventeen seasons, the series has hosted over 54 concerts with over 287 musical compositions, 68 world premieres and hundreds of works by over 45 visual artists from around the world. With works that span the spectrum from classical-contemporary, improvisation, electronic music and the avant-garde to sculpture, painting, indoor installations, photography and film, NGCS’s programs are cohesive, diverse, exciting and intimate.
Composers of any age or nationality who consider themselves to be “emerging” or in the early stages of their career. Limit of one piece per composer.
- Scores for 2-4 instrumentalists. The instrumentation is open, but must notinclude more than one percussion player or one piano part.
- Pieces should have a duration of 6-12 minutes.
- Works that include electronics are NOT eligible.
Send the following to: email@example.com with the subject line CALL FOR SCORES 2017: Last name
- PDF of the score with the composer’s name removed.
- Optional mp3 live recording or MIDI rendering of the work. The file must not contain the composer’s name.
- A 1 page bio including the name of the piece and contact info (phone, email, address) for the composer.
- $25 paid through our paypal account here: http://www.newgalleryconcertseries.org/contribute/
Please indicate that your payment is for the 2017 Composition Competition.
For more information, please visit
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org